Monday, October 11, 2010

The Marvelous Adventures of Hyrum Quinn

To start things out, here's a little video of Hyrum with his band (The Pots and Pans Band).
They are thinking about touring next year when Hyrum can eat solid food. (And when I say "they," of course I mean Hyrum and his pots and pans.)
Hyrum is very fond of standing; unfortunately I have no pictures here at this time to prove this, but let me assure you it's a near-constant activity.  He's even started to cruise tentatively along the edge of the couch, cautious but very excited that he's one step closer (no pun intended!) to walking.
In case you haven't noticed, Hyrum and his father bear a rather striking resemblance, as noted in the photo below.
They're a handsome pair, aren't they! (And yes, of course Hyrum spit up on his vest moments after this picture was taken.  It's not as if he'd actually look this nice at church!  It's a miracle if he's wearing CLOTHES at church.  Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating slightly, but not that much.)
Brian's favorite shot of Hyrum: said baby, curled up for good night's sleep.

I swear we didn't pose him.  He does this on his own.
Oh yeah...and all those people who think the Ferber method of sleep training is cruel and unhealthy?  Then explain why it works so well and my little guy is now SO much happier and more energetic during the day.  I like the line they use: "The only reason your baby will finally go to sleep by himself in his own bed is because he's GIVEN UP ALL HOPE that you'll come to get him."  OH NO!  Give up all hope?  Not my precious baby!  Except that, wait...I do want my baby to give up all hope that I'm going to play with him at 3:00 in the morning.  Just that.  He can have hope for everything else, my complete attention during the daytime hours, but when everyone is sleeping better at night...yes, I think I am willing to hear a few little tears shed at first, sad as they may be to a mother's heart!

Hyrum practicing the piano (a possible addition to the Pots and Pans Band? perhaps...)
There's no cuter face than my baby's face...or as I tell him, "Hyrum!  You are the cutest baby that ever LIVED!  Well, maybe baby Jesus was cuter, but I wasn't there."
More drool per capita than any other baby since 1912!

No comments: